Following changes to the bin collection days, we are aware that there has been some disruption. Using our online form is the quickest way to let us know about a missed collection.
We will write to you to advise you of any overpayment of benefit. In this letter, we will give you full details of the overpayment.
We will tell you:
- What caused the overpayment
- The dates and the amount of the overpayment
- How much the overpayment is
- How we will be recovering the overpayment
- What to do if you disagree with the overpayment
What if I disagree with the overpayment?
The first thing to do when you receive your overpayment letter is to read it carefully. It will explain what the overpayment is for and the dates for which you have been overpaid.
If you still disagree with the overpayment, after reading the explanation you can do the following:
- Contact us requesting further explanation.
- Appeal against the overpayment. You must do this in writing, within one month of the date on the letter. Please see our Disputes page.
Last updated: 11th January 2017