If you do not agree with a decision we have made regarding your claim you can dispute our decision by writing to us to request the following

  • A written statement from us explaining the reasons for our decision.
  • That we look at our decision again. Please provide us with details as to why you do not agree with us, this can be done by completing our DMA1 form.
    You must do this within one month of the date of our decision. We will then re-examine your case and advise you if we are going to change our decision.
  • Appeal against our decision. You must do this within one month of the date of our decision by completing our DMA2 form.
    You must sign your appeal letter and give reasons why you think our decision is wrong. If you are making a late appeal you must provide the reasons why it is late.

What happens if I dispute a decision?

Your claim will be looked by another officer who will look at the decision we have made and, if it can be changed, we will send you a new decision.

If we cannot change the decision, we will write to you and tell you why. If you still disagree, you have one more month from the date of the new decision to appeal to a tribunal.