Following changes to the bin collection days, we are aware that there has been some disruption. Using our online form is the quickest way to let us know about a missed collection.
Date published: 29th April 2022
North Norfolk District Council has been advised by the Food Standards Agency that there have been concerns about the efficacy of the product withdrawal and recall of Kinder chocolate products.
The following products have been recalled due to an outbreak of salmonella:
- Kinder Surprise 20g (all dates up to and including the 4th January 2023)
- Kinder Surprise 20g x 3 pack (all dates up to and including the 4th January 2023)
- Kinder Surprise 100g (all dates up to and including the 21st August 2022)
- Kinder Mini Eggs 75g (all dates up to and including the 21st August 2022)
- Kinder Egg Hunt Kit 150g (all dates up to and including the 21st August 2022)
- Kinder Schokobons 70g, 200g and 320g (all dates up to and including the 4th January 2023)
These products are believed to have caused a significant number of children to become seriously unwell, with many reported cases being admitted to the hospital.
The council has been contacted to inform all residents, small independent retailers and franchise chain retailers to raise awareness of this serious recall.
An earlier recall didn’t cover all of the products listed above, so it is important that residents do not consume these products and for retailers to check that these products have been removed from their shelves. The updated recall includes all Kinder products that were manufactured at their Arlon site in Belgium between June 2021 and the present day.
Kinder products recalled
Last updated: 29th April 2022