If you have used our planning service in the past 18 months, please help us improve the customer experience by completing our online form.
Date published: 7th June 2022
The Council has achieved a Gold Award for Address Data at the 2022 Exemplar Awards.
This award is the result of the tremendous work by the Council’s Property Information Team over the last 12 months.
Led by Geo Place, the Exemplar Award recognises local authorities that maintain a high standard of address data management.
Well managed address data is important for many different services and is used by the Council and outside companies such as Serco, for the following:
- To help the emergency services reach those in need, including the use of grid co-ordinates in the centre of buildings
- To collect information for Council tax
- To ensure packages are delivered to the correct addresses
- To underpin the Individual Electoral Registration programme
- To enable utilities to be able to connect services to homes, specifically new homes
- To help ensure there are secure, clean and affordable energy supplies
- To collect census data for the Office for National Statistics
- To help underpin the location services on smartphones
- To ensure that bins are collected
- To deliver social care
- To ensure children have a place in schools
- To ensure everyone has access to a GP surgery
The importance of maintaining address data was highlighted during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We would like to offer congratulations to the Property Information Team for their diligence and professionalism.
Cllr. John Toye, portfolio holder for Planning and Enforcement said:
“So often teams in a council that provide essential information to the benefit our residents in so many ways are often unseen. I am delighted this team has been awarded the Exemplar gold award in recognition of their efforts.
Their commitment to data accuracy enables many essential services, not just within the Council, to be delivered in a timely, carbon-reducing, cost-efficient way.”
Last updated: 7th June 2022