If you think someone is committing benefit fraud you can report it to the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP)

Benefit fraud is a criminal offence which costs you money. Help us to stamp it out!

Use the online form (where your details will remain anonymous).

Report Benefit Fraud

Other ways to report Benefit Fraud

  • Call the hotline on 0800 854 440 (your call is free and confidential you do not have to give your name or address. Lines are open Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm). If you have speech or hearing problems you can use a text phone service on 0800 328 0512.
  • Write to the National Benefit Fraud Hotline at the following address NBFH, PO Box 224, Preston, PR1 1GP.

You can provide information anonymously, however if you do give your name this will be kept in the strictest confidence.

Types of benefit fraud

  • failure to declare work
  • non-disclosure of property, capital or income
  • non-disclosure of partner (living together as man and wife)
  • non-declaration of non-dependants or sub-tenants
  • false claims by homeowners
  • false address or failing to declare a change of address
  • landlord fraud
  • fictitious tenancies