Payments of Housing Benefit including payments of Local Housing Allowance can only be paid directly into a bank account.

If you need to give us details of the bank account you wish payments to be paid into or if you need to change your bank details you can use the following forms.

Tenants that are subject to Local Housing Allowance are not as a general rule able to opt to have their benefit paid directly to their landlord.  However there are some circumstances where the authority can consider making direct payments if it is in the overriding interests of the tenant to do so.

In addition to this there are also safeguards in place with a view to protecting landlords and to stop tenants who cannot manage their rent payments from falling into arrears.

If you believe this may apply to you or your tenant please complete the relevant form below and send it to us.