Rural rate relief is available for certain types of businesses situated within a rural settlement; a parish of 3,000 people or less. There are 152 rural settlements in North Norfolk.
How do I qualify for this relief?
Qualifying businesses are the sole:
- general store with a rateable value below £8,500
- Post Office with a rateable value below £8,500
- public house with a rateable value below £12,500
- petrol filling station with a rateable value below £12,500
- any food shop, excluding confectionery stores, takeaways and restaurants with a rateable value below £8,500
How much relief would I get?
If you meet one of the above criteria with effect from 1 April 2017 you will be entitled to 100% relief on your non-domestic rates bill. 50% of this relief will be granted under section 43 mandatory relief and 50% will be granted under section 47 discretionary relief.
Shops or post offices with a rateable value over £8,500 and public houses and petrol filling stations with a rateable value over to £12,500 are not entitled to mandatory relief but could be entitled to claim small business rate relief.
How to apply
Complete one of the application forms below.