We have a host of activities on offer for children in Cromer, North Walsham and Stalham during the Whitsun half-term break.
We are always looking to recruit staff to assist at election time.
If you are interested in working on an election please complete one of the forms below and return to Electoral Services, North Norfolk District Council, Holt Road, Cromer, Norfolk NR27 9EN or you can email your details to email@example.com.
- Election Staff - For each election, the Returning Officer appoints polling and counting staff, and some staff for other duties e.g. clerks for the opening of postal votes.
- Polling Staff - The Polling staff are responsible for the conduct of the ballot in each polling station, making sure that the proper procedure for voting is followed. On election day polling staff are required to work from 6:30am until after 10pm without leaving the polling station. They are also required to attend a training session.
- Counting Staff - Counting staff are employed to count the votes on the day and at the time and place appointed by the Returning Officer. This can take place on the night of election through to the early hours of the morning or during the day following the election.
- Postal Vote Staff - Staff are employed to open postal votes.
- Annual Canvassing - Each year in the autumn we recruit staff to work as Canvassers to make personal visits to households that have not responded Electoral Registration forms. Training is provided including guidance on the Council’s Lone Working Procedure and our Canvassers are fully supported during office hours with any queries.
How to apply
If you are interested in election work, please read all the information in the job descriptions below and complete the application form. Please note that if you are interested in applying for one or more of these positions you will need to provide the document/s as detailed on the application form to form as proof that you are eligible to work in the UK. We will need the original documents. We suggest that you bring the form and documentation to the Council offices so that we can take copies and hand them back to you straight away. This will avoid any losses in the post.
Where to send your application
Please send your completed, signed application form(s) to:
North Norfolk District Council
- Job description for Presiding Officer
- Job description for Poll Clerk
- Job description for Counting Assistant