We now have clothing banks spread across 60 locations throughout North Norfolk. Find out where you can donate your unwanted clothes and shoes.

Why recycle?

Around 350,000 tonnes of clothing is discarded in the household waste stream every year. That’s around £140 million worth of used, but still wearable clothing being thrown away. Most of this wasted material could easily be reused or recycled through textile recycling. It can take tens of years for various types of clothing to break down whilst also having a damaging effect on the environment with the release of harmful gases and chemicals during the decomposition stage.

NNDC clothing bank

What happens to the clothing?

We reuse 100% of the materials collected after sorting in the UK, with 75% going into the UK, Europe, Africa and Asia. The remaining 25% of poor grade materials is sent to pulping mills and used as fillings for mattresses.

Items we recycle

  • clothing
  • shoes
  • belts
  • handbags

Items we can't accept

  • blankets
  • towels
  • sheets
  • carpet
  • rugs
  • soiled rags

Please do not dispose of any other material such as glass, metal, paper and rubbish.

Where can I find my nearest clothing bank?

There are clothing banks spread across 60 locations throughout North Norfolk.

Location Where?
Aldborough Mill Lane
Antingham Village Hall, Cromer Road
Badersfield The Diplomat Inn
Banningham Banningham and Colby Jubilee Hall, Colby Road
Bodham Opp pub on The Street
Beeston Regis Car Park, Britons Lane
Briningham Village Hall, Dereham Road
Briston Pavillion Recreation Ground, Stone Beck Lane
Cromer Cabbell Park (Mill Road surgery)
Cadogan Road car park
Fearns Field, Station Road
Meadow Road car park
Runton Road car park
East Barsham Barsham Arms, Fakenham Road
East Runton Beach Road car park
Fakenham Community Centre, Oak Street
Highfield Road car park
Leisure Centre, Trap Lane
Queens Road car park
The Limes car park, Bridge Street
Felmingham Village Hall, Aylsham Road
Gimingham Village playing field car park, Hollow Lane
Happisburgh Village Hall Wenn Evans Centre, Blacksmiths Lane
Hellhoughton Village Hall, The Street
Hempton Opposite The Bell Pub
High Kelling Village Hall, Avenue Road
Hindringham Village Hall, 20 The Street, NR21 0AA
Holt Albert Street car park
Station Road car park
Horning Village Hall, Mill Hill
Hoveton Village Hall, Stalham Road
Knapton Village Hall, Wild's Way
Langham Village playing field car park, Hollow Lane
Ludham Village Hall, Norwich Road
Mundesley Beach Road car park
Neatishead Parish Council car park, next to Victory Hall, The Street
Northrepps Recreation Ground, School Lane
North Walsham Hornbeam Road car park
Midland Road car park
Mundesley Road car park
New Road car park
Vicarage Street car park
Victory Swim and Gym, Station Road
Overstrand Pauls Lane car park
Potter Heigham Public toilets
Village Hall, School Road
Pudding Norton Parklands laundry block, Green Lane
Sea Palling Clink Lane car park
Sculthorpe Village Hall, Moor Lane
Sheringham Morris Street car park
Sheringham Community Centre, Holway Road
Station Approach car park
The Reef Leisure Centre, Weybourne Road
Stalham High Street car park
Swanton Abbott Village Hall, The Street
Trunch Blooms Turn Playing Field
Tunstead Recreation Ground, Market Street
Walsingham Bridewell Street car park
Wells Stearmans Yard car park
Wood Norton Village Hall, Stibbard Road