Norfolk County Council Trading Standards are highlighting the latest consumer scams in Norfolk.
The Major Projects Team are responsible for processing all major planning applications in North Norfolk.
A major application is defined as 10 or more dwellings, residential development on a site having an area of 0.5 hectares or more, the provision of building/s creating 1000sqm or more of commercial floorspace, or development on a site having an area of 1 hectare or more.
The major projects team are responsible for:
- All Large Scale Housing proposals
- Affordable housing schemes across the District (including Exception Housing schemes);
- Managing various large scale commercial developments including extensions to existing premises and inward investment opportunities working with the Economic Development team;
- Assisting in the formulation of Development Briefs and Masterplans for residential and commercial sites allocated in the Site Allocations SPD;
- Development proposals within former RAF bases and recently designated Enterprise Zones;
- Large scale renewable energy projects including solar farms, anaerobic digesters and wind turbines;
- Other complex cases (including some non-major proposals); and
- Undertaking associated Environmental Impact Assessment (Screening and Scoping Opinions)
Many of the major planning applications received are on sites allocated for development within the Councils Local Development Framework Site Allocations Plan (adopted Feb 2011).
If you have a major project or proposal, we would encourage you to discuss your ideas with the Major Projects Team before submitting a planning application. We can provide advice and guidance to help refine or shape your proposals and to help ensure you have the right level of supporting information when you submit your planning application.
Please do not hesitate to contact us either by telephone (Customer Services) on 01263 513811 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are currently reviewing our pre-applications processes for major applications to make sure they are as effective and efficient as possible and tailored to meet your needs.
A list of fees for pre-application advice for major applications is available.