Get your nominations in to North Norfolk District Council’s Big Society Awards to celebrate your local hero.
The Council's Statement of Community Involvement (SCI) was approved in January 2016. It encourages discussion between the applicant/developer and the public before an application for any major development is made and this is now a Local Validation requirement.
In most cases it would be expected that:
- The applicant shall engage with Parish/Town Councils likely to be affected by the proposal;
- The applicant shall seek to make affected communities aware of the proposals (either through a combination of notices, leaflet drop, social media, press release, website) and,
- Where appropriate, hold a public meeting/exhibition so that people can view plans and discuss the proposals with the applicant; and
- Provide an opportunity for the local community affected to provide feedback on the plans/proposals within a reasonable timeframe prior to submission of the planning application.
The Council would expect the applicant/developer to support major applications with statements explaining what community consultation has been carried out, the outcome of consultations and any amendments made to the scheme as a result.
Community consultation is also mandatory for wind turbine applications involving 2 or more turbines or any turbines with a hub height of 15m or more.
The following sites below are currently subject of pre-app consultation. Copies of the documents supplied by the applicant/developer are available below together with details of how to provide any feedback on the proposals.
Field Dalling - Highfields, Holt Road - Erection of 16 Dwellings for Broadland Housing Group
A consultation event is being held by Broadland Housing Group at Field Dalling Village Hall on:
- Tuesday 05 September 2017: Drop-in session: 2pm to 5pm
- Monday 11 September 2017: Evening Drop-in session: 5pm to 7pm
A document setting out Site Context, Site Analysis, Evolving Concept Design, and Design Approach is available.
Any responses to the consultation should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 18 September 2017