Have your say on the final public consultation for the emerging Local Development Plan.
The Council's Statement of Community Involvement (SCI) was approved in January 2016. It encourages discussion between the applicant and the public before an application for any major development is made, and this is now a Local Validation requirement.
In most cases, the applicant is expected to:
- Engage with Parish and Town Councils affected by the proposal.
- Make affected communities aware of the proposals (through a combination of notices, leaflet drop, social media, press release, website).
- Hold a public meeting or exhibition to view plans and discuss the proposals with the applicant.
- Provide an opportunity for the local community to provide feedback on the plans and proposals within a reasonable timeframe before submitting the planning application.
The Council would expect the applicant to support major applications with statements explaining:
- what community consultation has been carried out
- the outcome of consultations
- any amendments made to the scheme as a result
Community consultation is also mandatory for wind turbine applications involving two or more turbines or any turbines with a hub height of 15m or more.
Current pre-app consultations
Please note the developer arranges these consultations so your responses will not necessarily be forwarded to the Council for consideration.
Land south of Norwich Road, North Walsham
The building of approximately 350 new homes, including:
- affordable housing
- elderly care accommodation
- open green space
- access arrangements
Hopkins Homes held a consultation event at the Main Hall, North Walsham Community Centre, New Road, North Walsham, NR28 9DE on Tuesday 16 November 2021 from 4pm to 8pm.
View the newsletter produced by Hopkins Homes for this event.
A consultation website has further information about the proposals.
How to comment
Email your comments to email@example.com
Closing date for responses is 30 November 2021.