Now open for nominations
The Brownfield Land Register is a register of previously developed land which is suitable for residential development.
The Town & Country Planning (Brownfield Land Register) Regulations 2017 came into force on 16 April 2017 and introduced a new duty for local planning authorities to prepare, maintain and publish a register of brownfield land (previously developed land) which is suitable for residential development.
The register must be published by 31 December 2017 and reviewed at least once a year.
The register must be kept in two parts:
- Part 1 will be a comprehensive list of brownfield sites across the District that are considered suitable for residential development regardless of their planning status.
- Part 2 is a subset of Part 1 and will include only sites which the authority considers that permission in principle (which is a new planning consent route) should be granted. The Town and Country Planning (Permission in Principle) Order 2017 provides that sites entered on Part 2 of the registers will be granted permission in principle.
North Norfolk District Council has not at the present time proposed granting 'Permission in Principle' (Part 2) for any of the sites included on the Brownfield Land Register.
Try the new NNDC interactive mapping to access the Brownfield Register Information
Click on the map below to access the service:
Links to legislation and guidance
- Town and Country Planning (Brownfield Land Register) Regulations 2017
- Town and Country Planning (Permission in Principle) Order 2017
- Brownfield Land Registers Government Guidance
- Permission in Principle Government Guidance
Open Government Licence
This information is considered 'open public data' and is published under the 'Open Government Licence'. Please make sure you are familiar with the terms of the licence before using or reproducing this information in any way.
The data on this page is published under The Open Government Licence. This is a free open licence for public sector bodies to license the use and re-use of their information and data easily. If you are intending to use or re-use any of our data please note the conditions of the licence.