Organising a public event of any size can be complex and stressful. The district council manages the North Norfolk Safety Advisory Group (NNSAG). Its role is to promote good safety standards at all public events in the district and ensure best practice is followed.

The page links below may be helpful to you as an organiser for such an event.

Things to consider when organising  public events  

Event Management and Public Safety leaflet

Find out about organising events, including event application forms and planning documents.

Highways licences and permits - Norfolk County Council

Temporary Event Notices (TENS)  

Apply for a Temporary Event Notices

Street collection permits and licences

Under the current legislation, promoters of charitable collections require a licence in a street or public place. 

Town and parish councils are responsible for issuing these licences in some areas. North Norfolk District Council are responsible for issuing licences to the following parishes: 

  • Cromer
  • Holt
  • Hoveton
  • Mundesley
  • East and West Runton
  • Sheringham
  • Stalham
  • Wells-Next-The-Sea

Further information is available on our street collections page, including an application form for street collections.

Street collection regulations

Hosting a street party

Your guide to organising a street party: GOV.UK

Highways licences and permits: Norfolk County Council