It takes strength to admit that you are abusing your partner. But if you want to change, you can seek help from professionals. Start by talking to your GP, who can refer you for counselling, or contact a local support group.

Further help and advice


You can also contact Respect - the national association for domestic violence perpetrator programmes and associated support services - to help you find a programme.

Call: 0808 802 4040