Find out how to get help if you or someone you know is a victim of domestic abuse

Domestic abuse is a crime. Call the police on 999 if:

  • your safety is threatened
  • you are at risk of assault or injury
  • in an emergency

How to call the police when you can’t speak

If you need urgent police help but can’t speak.

By using the Silent Solution system, you can make a 999 call without having to speak by listening and responding to the call handler by either:

  • coughing
  • tapping the keys if you can and then pressing 55 when prompted by the automated Silent Solution system

This will alert the police that it is a genuine 999 call and help tell the police that you need urgent help.

Cover your tracks online

Visit Women’s Aid’s useful guide on covering your tracks and staying safe online. If you are worried about someone knowing, you have visited a website like the Norfolk Integrated Domestic Abuse Service (NIDAS) website.

Help and support