The UK Government is changing how we vote. From May 2023, you will need to show photo ID when you vote at a polling station.
The government introduced the Household Support Fund in October 2021 to support vulnerable households with essentials over winter.
Page updated: 24 January 2023
North Norfolk District Council has launched an application scheme to support eligible households most in need this winter with food, energy, water, and other essential living needs.
You can get help from the Household Support fund if all of the following apply to your household:
- live in the North Norfolk area
- receive Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support
- live in a property with an EPC rating of E to G
And one of the following:
- receive a disability benefit
- did not receive the £650 DWP Cost of Living payment
You do not need to apply. We will contact households with details of your payment.
If you are not eligible
You can still apply for support using our online form.
We will consider applications from residents if all of the following apply to you:
- resident in the North Norfolk area
- receiving means-tested benefit
- have an exceptional need for additional support
The closing date for applications is Friday 10 March 2023, and payments will only be made while funds remain available.
You will be required to give information to show you are eligible. This will be checked with other sources such as the Department of Work and Pensions and the HMRC.
How you're paid
Only one payment will be made per household and paid by bank transfer. Residents must approach their bank for the first right of appropriation if they are overdrawn.
Get support and advice
Find out about other support on our cost of living help pages, including advice and support on:
- money, debts, and benefits
- access to food
- support for children
- energy, water, phone, and broadband costs