Have your say on the draft Development Brief, which will inform future planning applications for the site. Learn more about this by selecting 'Find out more'.
Find out how our financial inclusion team can help if you're struggling to know what support you can access.
If you have money worries, knowing where to start can be difficult. Our team can help get you started by providing free and confidential support and guidance.
Our service is honest and non-judgmental, and we treat everyone with respect.
We know that money worries can be stressful, so we will do everything we can to support you. Contacting our team will allow you to discuss these worries, plan your expenses, and discuss your financial situation.
Before contacting us, you may prefer to visit our cost of living page. We frequently update this page with the information you need to know and that you may find helpful. It contains information on money advice, such as pensions, budgeting and dealing with debt, and advice and support on the cost of living, including benefits, housing, utility bills, and help and support in accessing food.
Get in touch
To start feeling better about your finances, please contact 01263 516221.
Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from 8.30am to 5pm
Wednesday from 10am to 5pm
Fridays from 8.30am to 4.30pm
When you contact us, we will discuss your situation and decide how best we can help you.
Ways we can help
- Check you are receiving the correct benefits and help you claim any you aren't currently receiving.
- Help you to prioritise your bills.
- See whether you can cut costs through better deals and tariffs.
- Help you access other grants or refer you to other services if necessary.
- Listen to your money worries.
- Carry out affordability checks for new applicants to help make sure you can afford your new tenancy.
- Assist with providing access to emergency food and some basic essential items where necessary.
- Help to request a review of a benefits decision.
- Negotiate with creditors around payment plans.
- Refer complex cases which need specialist support to organisations that can assist.
- Provide information about other services that can give advice and support.
- Signpost and recommend training and employment opportunities.
What we can't do:
- Give specific advice about a particular debt or credit arrangement or advise you what action to take to deal with this.
- Act as a debt counselling service.
- Advise which debts to prioritise over others.
- Provide transportation to benefits or medical appointments.
We can offer an appointment in our offices, in your home, in another location that you feel comfortable or simply over the phone. In some cases, we may need to refer you for specialist help.
If you are referred to us for support by another department at North Norfolk District Council, a member of our team will contact you within two working days, usually by phone.
Before the appointment
Please make sure your phone is fully charged and accepts calls from unknown numbers.
Gather as much information about your finances as possible.
To provide the best possible service, we will require the following:
- A completed income and expenditure form.
- Copies of your last three months' bank statements.
You can screenshot or take a photo of your bank statements using your phone and upload the documents here.
Sending these before your appointment will help us deal with your finances much quicker.
Do not assume you're receiving everything you're entitled to. Always check, and if you still need help or are in doubt, please get in touch.