Find out how to become a Councillor for North Norfolk District Council, come along to the Prospective Candidates’ Evening on 20 September 2018.
NNDC's Community Transport Fund offers grants to voluntary and community organisations whose project is based within North Norfolk; including town and parish councils
North Norfolk District Council (NNDC) values and appreciates the contribution made by not for profit organisations for the provision of Community Transport in North Norfolk, and will endeavour to support such organisations wherever possible.
NNDC's Community Transport Fund offers grants to voluntary and community organisations, town and parish councils, whose project will benefit vulnerable, disadvantaged, and isolated people of all ages living in rural areas by providing a flexible community transport service that will enable them to access the services and facilities they need.
Applications for a Community Transport grant will be assessed 3 times a year with the deadline for applications being the last Friday of June, October and February. Decisions on completed applications received will be made by delegated authority within 4 weeks of the deadline date.
The Fund is available for projects that predominately support the vulnerable, disadvantaged, and isolated people of all ages living in rural areas in North Norfolk.
Who can apply?
- Local voluntary organisations, charities (whether registered or not) and community groups
- Parish and Town Councils within North Norfolk
- Larger regional or national charities or organisations if the funding is to deliver a specific project in north Norfolk
- Community businesses, social enterprises and other not-for profit organisations
Before you apply
Read through the North Norfolk Community Transport Prospectus to ensure that your organisation meets the criteria to apply to the Fund and, that what the funding would be used for meets the funding criteria.
To discuss your application contact Sonia Shuter on 01263 516173.
Making an application
Once it has been confirmed your application meets the criteria,
- Download and complete the North Norfolk Community Transport Application Form. Please note: Section 6 - requires an original signature.
- Download the North Norfolk Community Transport Independent Referee Form and ask someone who is familiar with and has knowledge of the project to complete it. An original signature is also required on this form.
- Lastly, download the North Norfolk Supporting Documentation Checklist, and gather together all the requested documentation.
- Community Transport Prospectus
- Community Transport Application Form
- Community Transport Independent Referee Form
- Community Transport Supporting Documentation Checklist
Where to send your application
Once all supporting documentation has been collated please submit your completed application:
- By email to email@example.com
- By post to Sharon Garth, Community Support, North Norfolk District Council, Holt Road, Cromer, Norfolk NR27 9EN.
Only applications which are fully completed, signed and are accompanied by all supporting documentation will be accepted.
If you would like a hard copy of the application pack please contact us using the details above or call 01263 516248.
Applications can be made to the Fund at any time.