If your circumstances have changed you need to let us know so we can calculate the right amount of council tax for you.

You can telephone or write to us to let us know of a change.

Tell us about a change you'll need:

  • your Council Tax account number (you can find this on your bill)
  • the details of the change
  • the date of the change

Changes that you need to tell us about

A change to the people in your home

If there's been a change in the number of people living in your property, it may affect the amount of Council Tax you pay. You'll need to tell us if:

  • somebody has moved in
  • somebody has moved out
  • you're no longer entitled to a council tax discount or exemption (for example, a child has turned 18)

A change to the property 

If there's been a change to the property, it may affect the amount of Council Tax you pay. You'll need to tell us if:

  • You've changed the use of your property. For example, second home, holiday let, property demolished (caravan removed from site)
  • probate has been granted
  • you're no longer entitled to council tax discount or exemption

A change to the bill

Sometimes the council tax bill may need to be changed if some of the information isn't correct. This can include reasons such as:

  • spelling mistake
  • incorrect correspondence address
  • your address is listed incorrectly

The information above does not cover all of the changes you should inform us about. If you are unsure whether or not we need to know about a particular change tell us anyway.

A change in personal details 

If you've had a name change or a change in your contact details, please let us know using our change in personal details form.

Report a death

To report that someone has passed away, please complete the online form

Council Tax Support

If you're in receipt of Council Tax support, and you've had a change of circumstances, it may affect the amount of council tax you should be paying. So you'll need to let us know.

For more information, please see our tell us about changes that may affect your benefits page.

How to tell us about changes?

By email

Email ctax@north-norfolk.gov.uk

To tell us about a change by post

You can tell us about any changes by writing to us. Please provide your full name, address and reference number and post to the following address:

Council Tax
North Norfolk District Council
Council Offices
Holt Road
NR27 9EN

Reporting a change

My Bills and Benefits

You can let us know about a change online through registering with My Bills and Benefits.

You can also be able to view personalised information, including payment details, and your latest Council Tax bill.

Registering for an account is easy and will allow you to securely access our services 24/7.

Register for My Bills and Benefits