Following changes to the bin collection days, we are aware that there has been some disruption. Using our online form is the quickest way to let us know about a missed collection.
The application form is the first step in the recruitment process. Here are some tips on how to do your best when completing an application.
Your application form provides an overview of your:
- work experience and history
Tips on completing your application form
Take your time to complete a detailed application. This demonstrates your commitment, interest and understanding of the job.
- The panel who are selecting candidates for interview will only see the information you provide on the form. Please use this opportunity to show us that you are the candidate we’re looking for.
- It's important to make sure that the information you provide is accurate.
- Read the job description and person specification fully and make notes against each of the essential and desirable criteria. Draw on your experience, skills and knowledge in those areas.
- The supporting statement section at the end of your application is where you provide further information on your interest in the role, your ability to fulfil it and how you meet the criteria.
Things to be aware of
- We have a positive redeployment policy which allows the us to retain the skills and experience of valued employees. Any staff on our redeployment register will be given reasonable priority for suitable vacancies.
- As we can experience a high volume of applications, there may be occasions where we will close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date.
- View our statement on recruitment of ex-offenders.
Working in the UK
We welcome applications from all candidates with evidence of their right to work in the UK. If you need more information, please visit the UK government's right to work website.
Please note that the council is not a licensed sponsor.