Pay your council tax bill online

Sign up to pay by Direct Debit

our council tax bill may be reduced if your home has certain adaptions or facilities for meeting the needs of a person with a disability - whether it is an adult or a child - who is living in the property.

The qualifying adaptions are:

  • A room (other than a kitchen or bathroom) mainly used by the disabled person
  • An extra kitchen or bathroom required for meeting the disabled person’s needs
  • Enough floor space and widened doorways to allow a wheelchair to be used indoors.

If you are entitled, your bill will be reduced to that of the next lowest valuation band. If your property is in band A and you are entitled to a disability reduction, your bill will be reduced by an amount equal to 1/9th of the band D charge. See our 'How much is my council tax?' page for more information on property bands.

Download application form