Have your say on the draft Development Brief, which will inform future planning applications for the site. Learn more about this by selecting 'Find out more'.
Our Waiting Well Project aims to support residents on the orthopaedic waiting list for a knee or hip condition at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
The project will help North Norfolk residents to live as safely and independently as possible while they wait to see a consultant or have their treatment.
We want to help people find the right support by increasing their knowledge and awareness of the various services provided. We work in partnership with the NHS and other organisations that offer different kinds of support to people across North Norfolk.
Examples of the support we can arrange:
- find ways for you to stay active or get fit for your treatment
- help you to cope with loneliness or isolation
- help to make sure you are claiming the benefits you are entitled to*
- provide equipment to make daily life safer and less difficult
- install a Careline alarm unit in case of falls*
- give information about Disabled Facilities Grants for housing adaptations*
- make plans for your care now or while you recover*
- help to access carers' support if you provide care to someone else
* This support is subject to a financial assessment or has a cost.
We will write to everyone on the waiting list and offer them a telephone appointment.
If you want to speak to the Waiting Well Officer before your telephone appointment:
Use our online form.
Telephone: 01263 516003
About the funding
The NHS Norfolk and Waveney Integrated Care Board fund the North Norfolk Waiting Well Project in partnership with North Norfolk District Council. We aim to improve the quality of life for residents by ensuring they are aware of and connected with the support services available across the district.