Neighbourhood Areas are formally designated areas within the District within which Neighbourhood Planning can be undertaken.
The parishes that have applied to designate a neighbourhood area and produce a Neighbourhood Plan are listed below. Select the plan of your interest in order to view progress and all associated documents.
- Blakeney Neighbourhood Plan
- Cley-next-the-sea Neighbourhood Plan
- Corpusty and Saxthorpe Neighbourhood Plan
- Happisburgh Neighbourhood Plan
- Holt Neighbourhood Plan
- Mundesley-on-sea Neighbourhood Plan
- Overstrand Neighbourhood Plan
- Ryburgh Neighbourhood Plan
- Stalham Neighbourhood Plan
- Wells-next-the-sea Neighbourhood Plan
Apply to designate a Neighbourhood Area
Neighbourhood Areas are designated by the District Council upon application by a local Parish or Town Council. The designation of an area enables the Parish or Town Council to prepare Neighbourhood Plans or Orders which may contain policies and proposals relating to the development or protection of land.
Applications for the designation of a Neighbourhood Area must include all of the following:
- A map identifying the area to which the application relates
- A statement explaining why the area is considered appropriate to be designated as a Neighbourhood Area
- A statement that the organisation or body making the area application is a relevant body (e.g a Parish Council or a body designated or capable of being a Neighbourhood Forum)
An application form can be downloaded below:
Please return to: Planning Policy Team, North Norfolk District Council, Holt Road, Cromer, NR27 9EN or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org