Results from the 2023 local elections are now available
Coastal information - advanced level
Large scale studies into coastal defence policies and projects, including sediment transport studies, investigations into management of coastal defences and sustainability of ‘hold the line / do nothing’ policies.
Cromer to Winterton Ness Coastal Management Study 2013
The Cromer to Winterton Study is a key action from the Kelling to Lowestoft Shoreline Management Plan (SMP6) which sets out the coastal management policies for that stretch of coast. This technical study improves our understanding of how the coast may change, assists in identifying future coast protection schemes and improves our understanding of the level of resources required to manage our coast for the future.
- Appendix A - Coastal Defence Condition Survey Update
- Appendix B - Economic Assessment Report
- Appendix C - SCAPE Report Modelling of Shore Evolution: Cromer to Cart Gap
- Appendix C - SCAPE Report Addendum
The Bacton, Walcott and Ostend Report 2014
The Bacton, Walcott and Ostend report was completed following the Cromer to Winterton Ness Coastal Management Strategy Study. NNDC appointed Mott MacDonald to undertake a further more detailed investigation into the economic case for coastal protection scheme(s) specifically at Bacton, Walcott and Ostend.
Kelling to Cromer Coastal Defence Strategy Study 2006
The Kelling to Cromer Coastal Defence Strategy Study provides a framework for the sustainable management of the coastal defences of this section of coastal frontage.
Overstrand to Walcott Strategy Study 2002 to 2005
Investigates the sustainability of a selective 'Hold the Line' / 'Do Nothing' management policy, for this section of coastal frontage.
- Strategy Plan - Main Report
- Littoral Sediment Processes
- Cliff Processes
- Defence Condition Survey
- CliffSCAPE modelling and clifftop recession analysis
- Economic Valuations
- Environmental Value
- "Do Nothing" - Erosion probability and erosion losses
- "Do Nothing" - Flood Probability and Flood Losses
- Consultation (Issues and Concerns
- Option identification and appraisal
Sediment Transport Report and supporting data.
- Executive Summary
- Main Report
- Figures 1 to 109 from Main Report
- Appendix 1 - Review of aggregate dredging and disposal activities in the study area.
- Appendix 2 - Summary of sediment processes including definition and plotting of transport rate.
- Appendix 3 - Review of Shoreline Management Plans.
- Appendix 4 - Summary of findings from end user consultations.
- Appendix 5 - End user database.
- Appendix 6 - Report on field data collected in 2001 around Winterton, Clacton and the Humber.
- Appendix 7 - Discussion paper on the influence of storm surges.
- Appendix 8 - Summary of inputs.
- Appendix 9 - Report on mineralogical tracers.
- Appendix 10 - A geological background to sediment sources, pathways and sinks.
- Appendix 11 - Report on Southern North Sea longshore sediment transport.
- Appendix 12 - Computational modelling of sediment transport in the Southern North Sea by tide, wave and surge.
- Appendix 13 - How do the computational modelling scenarios relate to reality?
- Appendix 14 - Summary of sediment sources and sinks.
- Appendix 15 - Map of seabed sediment transport indicators.