Register by 11:59pm on 26 November to vote in the General Election on 12 December
Join the electoral register to vote in elections and referendums.
Even if you pay council tax to us, you won't automatically be registered to vote. You need to register to vote separately.
You can register to vote online via the gov.uk website which takes around 5 minutes.
The deadline for registering to vote in the General Election is midnight on the 26 November
Make sure you have:
- your National Insurance number
- your passport if you are a British citizen living abroad
You can also use service to:
- update your name, address or other details on the electoral register
- change your voting preferences e.g. to vote in person or by post
- change whether you're on the open register
Am I registered to vote?
To find out if you are already registered to vote, please contact the Electoral Services team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01263 513811. We will require your name and current address to check if you are registered to vote. Please note this service cannot be carried out online.
Can I vote?
The Electoral Commission website contains advice and guidance about what people in the following groups need to know to make sure they are able to have their say at elections:
- British citizens living overseas
- People serving in the armed forces
- People without a fixed address